Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Proteus and I love Florida! I arrived on Sunday after a long drive down with our working student (and good friend!) Paige. Proteus arrived Monday afternoon, excited for the weeks ahead. He walked off the trailer and down the road to the barn like an angel and is already well settled in.

After a hack day yesterday and much venturing, Proteus was fantastic today for his schooling ride. I couldn’t be prouder of his ability to adjust, willingness, and his attitude towards life. He is a joy to work with and be around every single day!

My mother/trainer will arrive on Saturday, just in time to help us prepare for the CDI next weekend at Global Dressage Festival. We hope to fit in a lesson with Robert Dover before the show as well, but that is still in the works.


For now, I can simply say that I feel blessed to have left the frigid and snowy Chicago for the warm and sunny Wellington. Still, miss the other horses and people I work with, and am wishing everyone at my home at Flying Dutchman Farm in Barrington happy riding. I am sending warm thoughts your way!




No comments:

Post a Comment